Before Intravenous Sedation Anesthesia
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for 8 hours prior to the appointment.
- Please do not smoke for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive you home.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Please do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a productive cough, please contact us prior to your surgical appointment. For your safety, it may be necessary to reschedule.
- If you take routine oral medications, you will be given instructions at your consultation appointment about which medications to take, if any, prior to surgery. If you are unsure about your medications, please call our office.